2015 Highlights.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year guys!
Holy! I still can't believe the year has come to an end. SO much has happened in 2015. What's crazy is that, I didn't think 2015 would be able to top 2014. I was definitely wrong. I hope you've got time because this one is gonna be long.

Where do I even begin? I guess I'll start with January. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was at the market shopping for groceries when I saw an urgent casting inquiry in my inbox. It was for a Chris Brown & Tyga music video. I FREAKED. Texted Ellen right away, she was ecstatic for me. Not five minutes later, she got the same email. Yes! The next day we went on to shoot the music video for "Ayo". We made it into the video for a mere 3 seconds, but it was still AWESOME. Through that experience, we met the director Collin Tilley who casted us in his next project for Carnage and Makonnen. The song "Like Tuh". That shoot was fun, because the entire thing was shot in Vegas (our second home). We also had to dig into some acting skills which was challenging but well worth it. January ended with two music video shoots for Ellen and I. Our firsts. The next few months became a bit of a blur. We frequented vegas a few times a month and were having the time of our lives.

       


Fast forward a few months to Coachella. I had never been before and I was adamant on going this year. I never thought this would happen, but I ended up getting sponsored to go with Ellen by Young & Reckless! It was a dream come true. I had seen so many other bloggers go in previous years under various brands. I was always either working or sitting at home stewing up in major jealousy. I was STOKED to finally get to go. And to be honest, it was the best weekend of my life! I had so much fun with Ellen and was so sad when it was over.



Shortly after Coachella, I met Josh. He's my current boyfriend and the best one ever. You might have seen him around in my snapchats. Not trying to sound cheesy, but he's really changed my life for the better. He's always supportive and proactive in everything I do. He's also loud and proud of being a blogger boyfriend.


Not long after we met, he and Ellen attempted to throw a surprise birthday party for me. The attempt to keep it a surprise was a failed one, but it ended up being the best birthday I've ever had. I had always wanted to have a disco themed rollerskating birthday bash. The idea stemmed from when I was younger and watched that old movie Bow Wow is in. It was called Roll Bounce. And the party was just that. Some of my best friends came and it was the best time ever, thanks to those two. Thanks to @studiomucci for my unicorn decorations & @yojeff for taking our photos!




Two weeks after my birthday, Josh took me to Hawaii. His sister was getting married on the island of Kaua'i. The island is so incredibly beautiful, and so was her wedding. Did you know they filmed the original Jurassic Park there? This was my first big trip in a few years and little did I know it would not be the last. We snorkeled every day and even went on a helicopter tour. It was the most humbling experience and every moment was breathtaking.



August and September were both busy months as far as I can remember. My schedule was filled with music festivals, Vegas trips, my sister's wedding, another trip to Hawaii, and the launch of mine and Ellen's collab with MYVL Clothing. This collab was something super special for us. We worked with MYVL to design a small collection of pieces that completely fit and represented our personal styles meshed together. It was my first time ever designing clothing. It was a little nerve-wracking trying to come up with something amazing. From the design to the lookbook shoot, we had complete creative freedom and were extremely happy with they way everything came out. Definitely my proudest project of the year. Shop our collection here!



One of the biggest events of the year had to be my sister's wedding. She had been with her boyfriend for 16 years! They are like parents to me and I couldn't have been happier for them to wed. It was such a beautiful day held at the London in West Hollywood. She was the most beautiful bride I'd ever seen. I was her maid of honor. It was bittersweet to think back to when they first got together when I was 10 years old. And to see their entire journey up to now. They've been so supportive all throughout my life and they have everything to do with there person I've become. It was a really special day for me and everyone in my family.



Soon after their wedding, I had another trip to Hawaii. This time to the island of O'ahu and with my entire Vampped family. This trip was extremely fun. I felt like I was on the show "The Real World" except without all the drama. We stayed in a huge house in North Shore and there was a big group of us. Ellen and I teamed up and started a YouTube channel and featured our Hawaii trip as our very first vlog.




After O'ahu came Tokyo in October. This was a BIG trip for Ellen and I. I hadn't been out of the country in over ten years so I was beyond excited. We had traveled so often to Vegas together, but this was our first big trip together. We were invited to Tokyo Fashion Week by Maybelline. When we were approached with the offer, I was in disbelief. I can't even explain how amazing it all was. It was eye opening and so eventful. We had a packed schedule almost every day we were there. Doing shoots, interviews, and attending shows. It was the most incredible experience and I hope to go back again one day soon. We made our second vlog on this trip. Check it out below.




Two weeks after Tokyo, we went to New York. It was cold AF. This was more of a personal trip, and was filled with food. Nonstop eating all day and taking photos in the city. Ellen and I also did our first meet & greet, which was so fun. We always love meeting our followers and getting to actually speak to you guys in person. It was definitely a cool experience. This trip was short and sweet.


Once cuddle weather finally settled back in LA, my schedule slowed down. The only event I had left to look forward to was my trip to SF with Josh. I've been to SF several times, but each time is always better than the last. It's one of my favorite cities to grub. I visited some of my favorite food spots, as well as checked out some new ones. This was just a short getaway for us. We did make some time for friends while we were there. The weather was majorly gloomy. Rained mostly, but it was still well worth the trip. I also decided to do my first meet and greet on my own. To be completely honest, I was so nervous and thought only three people would show up. To my surprise. about twenty people showed up, which is way more than I could have imagined. It was so humbling to get to talk to everyone who came. Some of them even gave me letters and gifts! They were so completely sweet and reminded me of why I love doing what I do. That meet and greet definitely made my year.


That pretty much sums up my year. It's been an absolute dream. I had no idea a year ago that all of this would happen, and I'm so eternally grateful. All because I decided to finally get off my butt and start my blog. I'm so happy and lucky to get to travel for work. The best part is, it doesn't feel like work. Thank you guys for reading my blog, following me on social media & keeping up with my life. I couldn't have done any of this without you. Cheers to YOU! So ready for 2016. Hope everyone stays safe tonight. Have a great new year!

Click on the icons below to see some of my favorite lookbooks from 2015!


2 comments:

  1. Fran, you're so beautiful! ^_^ I'm glad you had a great year and I hope that 2016 will top the last two years. I was wondering if you could give the name of your fav places to eat in SF? I'm from the bay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. Best online shopping site for fashion accessories

    ReplyDelete